Anonymity in the digital age can be tricky. Often virtual communication platforms do not take anonymity into consideration and the default settings don't support our traditions.
Below are some suggested settings for Zoom which address anonymity concerns.
Settings > Recording and click off the Local and Cloud recording features.
In the Zoom Settings section, under the Meeting subtab:
• Require Encryption for Third Party Endpoints
• Disable Auto saving chats
• Disable File transfer
• Disable Feedback to Zoom
• Disable Screen sharing
• Disable desktop/screen share for users
• Disable Remote control
• Allow Virtual background (this is the Zoom default and allows the user to use a virtual background instead of the inside of their apartment, for example)
In the Zoom Settings section, under the Recording subtab:
• Disable Local recording
• Disable Cloud recording
• Disable Automatic recording
You may want to remind your audience these things:
- Please do not make personal recordings of these sessions
- Please do not log in with your full name
- Please do not run this session on your computer speakers (unless you live alone)
- Please do not share this ZOOM information outside of our immediate area - yes, it's on our website but most outsiders are getting this information by it being forwarded from locals.
The New York Intergroup has published additional suggestions on ZOOM usage which you may find useful.
Copyright © 2020 AA OBX - All Rights Reserved.